Girls SUPER League
January 12, 2019 – March 31, 2019
This event features a modified Jr. NBA format for teams/organizations looking to gear up for Jr. NBA regional competition next spring. Games will be played at various Prince George’s County High Schools and Middle Schools (sites and times to be announced). County Rec/Travel/Select teams are welcome!
Registration - OPEN NOW!
For registration and more information about the league, go here:
- 12U teams (Activity Barcode #SHWD-BSK-WOM-YTH-00)
- 14U teams (Activity Barcode #SHWD-BSK-WOM-YTH-01) - FILLED
- Doors open 30 minutes before opening tip of first scheduled game.
- No grace periods for late arriving teams. Tip-off time is forfeit time.
- 14U games will be played with four (8) minute periods per contest.
- 12U games will be played with four (6) minute periods per contest.
- National Federation High School rules in effect with following Jr. NBA mods.
- Extra periods (overtime) will be 3 minutes per. If game remains tied after completion of second O.T. period, third and subsequent extra periods will be (1) minute in length.
- During first and second period only, the game clock will stop for free throw administration and team timeouts until the final 60 seconds when game clock will stop on all dead ball situations.
- During third and fourth periods, the game clock will stop on all dead ball situations.
- During final 60 seconds of fourth period and any successive extra periods the clock will stop on made basket, then restarted on official’s signal that ball has been touched after throw in.
- A thirty (30) second shot clock will be used during each team ball possession.
Full reset on offensive and defensive rebounds.
Full reset on any foul.
No Backcourt advancement timeline.
- 1 and 1 after 7 team fouls and 2 shots after 10 team fouls per half.
- Two (60) second timeouts during first half. Three (60) second timeouts during second half.
- Maximum of 2 timeouts in final two minutes of fourth period.
- One (60) second timeout granted for each extra period.
- Unused timeouts do not carry over to next half nor into extra periods.
- All roster players who attend game and are entered in official scorebook must appear in the game at least once.
- All eligible players must be no older than listed division age limit as of October 1, 2019. All participants in 14U division must be no higher than 9th grade level in school.
- High school students participating on a freshman, JV or Varsity team (basketball only) during the same schedule frame as this program are prohibited from participating.
Contact Steve Ellis: 301-446-6800 for further details.
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Please contact the facility at least two weeks in advance of the program start date to request an accommodation (i.e., sign language interpreter, support staff, etc.) 301-445-4512.