Join A Winning Team
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission offers some of the most popular destinations for fun and recreation within the metropolitan Washington, D.C. area.
M-NCPPC is the only agency in the country to have been awarded the National Gold Medal for Excellence in Parks five times. The Commission has been accredited by The Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA) by meeting standards set by the National Parks and Recreation Association. The Alliance for Workplace Excellence and others have awarded M-NCPPC for its superb professional environment and benefits package. So what are you waiting for? Now YOU can be a part of this winning team!
What can you expect if you come to work with us?
- An exciting and fulfilling career. (The average tenure with our agency is 20+ years--once people start working here, they don't want to stop!)
- A diverse, talented and enthusiastic group of coworkers employed in a wide range of functions from natural resources and park management to engineering and architecture - and everything in between.
- A compensation and benefits package featuring a defined retirement plan, generous annual, personal and sick leave, and medical and dental coverage.
So what kinds of jobs are available at M-NCPPC?
- Park Management
- IT positions (networking, web design, help desk)
- Trades (carpentry, electrical, plumbing, automobile repair)
- Park Maintenance (landscaping, turf and field care, custodial, tree climbing)
- Park Police (civilian and uniformed personnel)
- General management (budget, human resources, procurement, administration)
- Park Planning
- Park Development (project management, engineering, landscape architecture, inspection)