The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission

Credit Union

Workplace of ExcellenceEligibility
You are eligible to join the credit union even if you are on probation as a new employee, if you are an:
  • Employee of the Commission with full -or part-time career status
  • Employee of the Credit Union
  • Retiree from either the Commission or the Credit Union
  • A member of an eligible employee or retiree's family, which includes: spouse, natural or adopted children, parents, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, brothers and sisters
  • Members of organizations sponsored by the common bond

If you are term contract employee and your contract is renewed after one year of employment, you may join the Credit Union.

Ending Membership
If you withdraw all of your shares, you cease to be a member. If you terminate from the Commission or Credit Union, you must maintain a balance of $25 or you will cease to be a member.

Available Benefits
The following types of benefits are available:

  • Savings accounts
  • IRA accounts
  • Loans
  • Life Insurance
  • Credit disability insurance
  • Financial counseling
  • Additional services as reflected in quarterly newsletter

Payroll Deduction
If you are an active employee, you may contribute to your savings accounts or repay loans through payroll deduction. If you are active employee, please contact the to start, stop, or change your deductions. If you are a retiree, please contact the Employee Retirement System to start, stop or change your deductions.

Account Balance Requirements

$5.00To keep your account open as an employee
$25.00To keep your account open as a terminated employee
$100.00To earn dividends on your money
$150.00Minimum required at all times for loan approval and maintenance

How Safe Is Your Money

Your money is safe in the MNCPPC Federal Credit Union. All deposits up to $100,000 are insured by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA), a government agency. After one year of inactivity, if your account(s) have balances are below, it will be considered dormant and closed. If you cannot be located the funds are reported to abandoned property as required by law.