You are eligible to join the credit union even if you are on probation as a new employee, if you are:
- A full-or part-time M-NCPPC employee in good standing
- An employee of the Credit Union
- A retiree from either M-NCPPC or the Credit Union
- A member of an eligible employee or retiree's family, which includes: spouse, natural or adopted children, parents, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, brothers and sisters
- A member of organizations sponsored by the common bond
You cease to be a member if you withdraw all of your shares and fail to maintain a balance of $5 for one year or more.
Some of the types of benefits available are:
- Checking and Savings Accounts
- IRA Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Credit Disability Insurance
- Financial Counseling
- Online Banking
If you are an active employee, you may contribute to your savings accounts or repay loans through payroll deduction. If you are an active employee, please contact the Credit Union to start, stop, or change your deductions. If you are a retiree, please contact the Employees' Retirement System to start, stop or change your deductions.
Account Minimum Balance Requirements
||To keep your account open
||To earn dividends on your money
||Minimum required at all times for loan approval and maintenance
How Safe Is Your Money?
Your money is safe in the MNCPPC Federal Credit Union. All deposits up to $250,000 are insured by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA), a government agency. After one year of inactivity, if your account(s) have balances below the minimum, it will be considered dormant and closed. If you cannot be located, the funds are reported to abandoned property as required by law.
Contact the Credit Union
Visit the M-NCPPC Federal Credit Union:
5211-A Campus Drive
College Park, MD 20740
MONTGOMERY COUNTY BRANCH
12751 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, Maryland 20906