October 26, 2019
On race day, registration begins at 7:30 AM; Race begins promptly at 9 AM
301 Watkins Park Drive
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
301-218-6700; TTY 301-699-2544
Join us to help put a stop to domestic violence and sexual assault - you can make a difference! Nobody has the right to hurt another. This free event will help bring attention to these reckless acts while supporting survivors and advocates, and holding offenders accountable. We thank you and look forward to seeing you out there!
'Shatter the Silence' Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault 5K Walk/Run
Saturday, October 26, 2019
Registration required. Rain date is Sunday, October 27, 2019.
Did you know?
*Stats from The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence web site
- On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 9 men experience severe intimate partner physical violence, intimate partner contact sexual violence, and/or intimate partner stalking with impacts such as injury, fearfulness, post-traumatic stress disorder, use of victim services, contraction of sexually transmitted diseases, etc.
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced some form of physical violence by an intimate partner. This includes a range of behaviors (e.g. slapping, shoving, pushing) and in some cases might not be considered "domestic violence."
- 1 in 7 women and 1 in 25 men have been injured by an intimate partner.
- 1 in 10 women have been raped by an intimate partner. Data is unavailable on male victims.