View all facilities
Subfacility of Watkins Regional Park
Resident: $2, Non-Resident: $2.50, Group Rate (10 or more) for Residents: $1.75, Group Rate for Non-Residents: $2.25
|Other Link||Chesapeake Beach Railway Museum: Carousel History|
OverviewLocated within Watkins Regional Park, the Chesapeake Carousel is believed to have been constructed by Gustav Dentzel at the turn of the century. The carousel operated at Chesapeake Beach through 1972. Restoration has been ongoing since its acquisition by M-NCPPC in 1974. This year, we are celebrating 40 years at Watkins Regional Park. The carousel is open seasonally and provides delightful experiences for the young and the young-at-heart. Carousel is wheelchair accessible.
- PLEASE NOTE: Ticket sales end 15 minutes prior to closing for the train and carousel.
- Everyone must purchase a ticket to ride regardless of age! No refunds on ticket sales. Tickets are honored throughout the season.
- For safety reasons, a paying adult is required to accompany and supervise children ages 2 and under on all rides.
- Checks are not accepted on site. Organizations needing to pay by a company check are required to contact the Manager at 301-218-6700 at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the visit to make payment arrangements.
- Rides are weather sensitive and may be closed during inclement weather conditions.