Station Area Vision
Flexible zoning, land use, and TDDP design controls allow for a new, sophisticated urban center. It will feature wide pedestrian-friendly sidewalks, sites for restaurants and cafés, student housing, retail shops, outdoor art displays and plazas, a large multi-screen theater and many other amenities. Plans include luxury mid-rise apartments and condominiums, offices, and a regional shopping mall. Major tenants include the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control, and other institutions advancing education, arts, music, high tech, medicine, science and more.
Prince George's Plaza Metrorail Station
- Located at the intersection of East West Highway (MD 410) and Belcrest Road.
- The nearest communities are the City of Hyattsville, the City of College Park, and the Town of University Park.
- The General Plan places this station in the Developed Tier and classifies it as a Regional Center.
- The station area is within a transit district overlay zone (TDOZ).
- Access is via East West Highway (MD 410), Queens Chapel Road (MD 500), Adelphi Road, and Belcrest Road.
Summary of Allowable Uses
The land uses planned within one-half mile of the Metro station are multifamily residential, office, service and retail commercial, mixed-use, and open space. The Prince George’s Plaza Transit District Development Plan (1998) is the sector plan for this Metro station area.
Sites in Public Ownership
WMATA owns 22.22 acres including the station and parking area. The Metro Shop at Belcrest and the Mosaic Apartment occupy a portion of the joint development site.
- Bike Parking: There are 40 bike racks and 24 lockers available at this station.
- Car Sharing is available at this station.
- 3,072-space surface lot
- 150-space metered surface lot
- 8 Metrobus routes
- 1 THE BUS route
- 2 MTA commuter bus routes
- Transit Ridership
- 5,442 entries
- 5,284 exits