Programs & Activities in the Workplace
The Planning Department sponsors many initiatives that celebrate diversity. Events are hosted to recognize Black History Month, Asian-Pacific Heritage Month, Women's History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month. The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC), as a whole, sponsors many activities and programs for our communities' senior citizens. There are also diversity workshops and training provided to all department employees to promote greater awareness and strategies to improve cross-cultural communications. These are just some of the things M-NCPPC does to rejoice in our commitment to diversity.
Performance RecognitionWe value the contributions of our staff members and recognize their achievements through our performance recognition award programs. Employees can be awarded in the following categories:
- 20+ Years of Service Award: For staff employed with
- Community Service Award: Awarded to employees who exemplify the best of volunteerism and who are engaged in direct consequential community service.
- Cultural Competency Recognition Award: Awarded to employees who participate in the Culture Change Initiative (CCI) or who excel at demonstrating behaviors identified by one or more of the Principles of Cultural Competence.
- Director's Award: Awarded annually to the employee who demonstrates excellence and makes greatest contribution to the Department.
- Employee of the Month Award: Selected by the senior management team and presented to the staff member who has made significant contributions in customer service or improving productivity.
- Job Performance Award: Awarded to employees who excel in leadership, teamwork, customer service, creativity or mentoring/orientation.
- M-NCPPC for more than 20 years.