Media Kit

Subscribe to News Releases

To receive M-NCPPC Department of Parks and Recreation news on a regular basis, you are invited to subscribe to news release distributions by sending your request to Angel Waldron. In the subject line of the message, write "Subscribe to parks and rec news releases", and provide your name, media organization, e-mail address, and phone number in the body of the message. The Department of Parks and Recreation issues electronic news releases weekly, or more often if necessary, via Meltwater software. You will receive these in your inbox.

Filming Requests

To request to film at a Parks and Recreation facility or site, please complete the Department’s official Filming Permit Application below. For the completed application to be considered, email it to Kira Calm Lewis. Please make your request at least two weeks in advance. It should take no longer than 72 hours to review and respond to your application.
Effective, July 1, 2017, there is a Permit Application fee of $150 and applicable facility rental and/or Park Police fees may apply.

Filming or Professional Photography Permit Application (PDF)

Interview an Expert

To find a knowledgeable source for a news story or feature on parks and recreation issues, facilities, or programs in Prince George's County or the metropolitan region, please contact Angel Waldron at 301-446-3300, and we'll put you in touch with the right person for your story.

Get M-NCPPC Parks and Recreation Photos

The Public Affairs and Community Engagement Division maintains a large online photo archive on Flickr. These photographic files are sized for print or website use and are cataloged in collections and sets by topic, facility, date and keyword. They may be used by media representatives, with permission and attribution, to illustrate coverage of events, programs and facilities of M-NCPPC's public parks and recreation program in Prince George's County, Maryland. The photos are not available for commercial/private sector marketing and advertising, endorsement, trade or sales. Members of the media who wish to access Department of Parks and Recreation photos will be provided with a Flickr Guest Pass. To get your pass and learn what kinds of photos are available, please contact Ellen Walter.

Credentialed media representatives who wish to photograph M-NCPPC facilities or programs for news coverage should contact the Media Relations Manager, Angel Waldron in the Public Affairs and Community Engagement Division to make arrangements.

Logos and Artwork

If you are seeking to obtain M-NCPPC Department of Parks and Recreation logos or other graphic designs to accompany an article, please contact the Public Affairs and Community Engagement Division Graphics Unit by e-mailing Ellen Walter.