survivors and beneficiaries

Address or Name Change

Survivors/Beneficiaries who need to request an address or name change, must inform the ERS in writing. Requesting a change with the M-NCPPC does not make the change with the ERS.

A change can be made at any time by either:
  • Completing Form, Notice of Change;
  • Completing the address change form on the payment stub from the Northern Trust Company and mailing it directly to the ERS Office; or,
  • Writing a letter to the ERS indicating the new address and/or name and the effective date of the change.
All change requests must be submitted to the ERS before the 10th day of the month preceding the month of payment. Changes received after the 10th may not be processed until the following month.

All change requests must be signed by the survivor/beneficiary or authorized representative. Authorized Representatives should call the ERS Office for direction on submitting proper legal documentation, which must be approved by the ERS.