- Our Departments
- Prince George's County Operations
- Planning Department
- Community Planning
- Long-Range Planning Section
Long-Range Planning Section
The Long-Range Planning Section works closely with communities, property owners, municipalities, businesses, and institutional partners to implement Plan 2035 General Plan-Blueprint for Tomorrow, prepare comprehensive area master or sector plans, and assist in the development of functional master plans. This more traditional planning and zoning work includes the creation or refinement of master plans and comprehensive rezoning for a wide variety of locations, from large rural areas of the county to specific Purple Line Light Rail stations or WMATA Metro stations.
- The Joint Public Hearing on the proposed Bowie-Mitchellville and Vicinity Sectional Map Amendment, scheduled for Tuesday, September 27, 2022, has been postponed and will be rescheduled on a date to be decided. There is no further information at this time.
- On July 28, 2022, the Prince George's County Planning Board released the Staff Draft West Hyattsville-Queens Chapel Sector Plan and the Proposed Sectional Map Amendment (SMA) for public review. The Staff Draft Plan and Proposed SMA are now available for viewing/download on our website.
- On June 7, 2022, the Prince George's County Council, sitting as the District Council, approved the 2022 Adopted Adelphi Road-UMGC-UMD Purple Line Station Area Sector Plan and Endorsed Sectional Map Amendment (SMA) with amendments. The publication of the plan and SMA is complete. Learn more by visiting the project webpage.
- On April 14, 2022, the Prince George's County Planning Board adopted the Preliminary Adelphi Road-UMGC-UMD Purple Line Station Area Sector Plan (with amendments) and endorsed its concurrent Proposed Sectional Map Amendment (SMA) (with amendments).
- After a review process between January 24, 2022, and March 3, 2022, the Prince George's County District Council approved the Bowie-Mitchellville and Vicinity Master Plan on March 8, 2022. The publication of the plan that incorporates the revisions from the Planning Board and District Council is forthcoming.
- On January 18, 2022, the Prince George’s County Council, sitting as the District Council, initiated a sectional map amendment to be conducted concurrently with the West Hyattsville-Queens Chapel Sector Plan. For more information, please see the SMA FAQ page.
- The Active Community Plans Application shows the plans that are currently active and applicable to any given property. It also links to the plan’s publication page, where you can view and download the community plan. If a plan does not appear on this map, it is no longer applicable.
Active Plans, Projects & Studies
- Bowie-Mitchellville and Vicinity Master Plan/Sectional Map Amendment
- West Hyattsville-Queens Chapel Sector Plan and SMA
- Master Plan Evaluation Program
Completed Plans, Projects & StudiesYou can view recently completed plans here. Please search our Publications list for older plans or plans that are not listed.
the proposed Bowie-Mitchellville and Vicinity Sectional Map Amendment,
Kierre McCuneSupervisor, Long Range PlanningPhone: Direct: 301-952-3211 | Teams Mobile: 240-273-4995
Sarah BentonSupervisor, Long-Range PlanningPhone: Direct: 301-952-5597 | Teams Mobile: 240-650-0378
Michael CalomesePlanner IIIPhone: Direct: 301-952-3179 | Teams Mobile: 240-650-0376
David A. GreenPlanner IVPhone: Direct: 301-952-4797 | Teams Mobile: 240-573-2376
Thomas LesterPlanner IIIPhone: Direct: 301-952-3756 | Teams Mobile: 240-573-2496
Scott RowePlanner IVPhone: Direct: 301-952-3521 | Teams Mobile: 240-573-2323
Arnaldo RuizPlanner IIPhone: Direct: 301-952-4523 | Teams Mobile: 240-573-2320
Jeannie BellinaPlanner IIPhone: Direct: 301-780-8310
Bill SkibinskiPlanner IIIPhone: Direct: 301-952-4363
Elena PerryPlanner IIPhone: Direct: 301-952-8156 | Teams Mobile: 240-573-2677
Josephine SelvakumarPlanner IIIPhone: 301-952-3551
Lyndsey ClouatrePlanner IIIPhone: Direct: 301-780-8312 | Teams Mobile: 240-800-7733