Yoga in the Parks
Yoga in the Parks is a FREE yoga program where classes take place in the beautiful outdoors. Enjoy the peace and serenity of a yoga class in one of our many scenic parks!
Our Yoga in the Parks classes take place from Memorial Day through Labor Day at M-NCPPC sites throughout Prince George’s County. Classes are scheduled for one hour and are designed for all fitness levels. Our classes are taught by Certified Yoga Instructors. Find a class at a park near you!
Benefits of Yoga
Yoga is an excellent form of exercise regardless of your age or practice level. It combines body movements, breathing, and mental relaxation while relieving stress and maintains health and well-being. Learn basic moves to strengthen your body and increase your flexibility.
Program Locations & Registration
Yoga in the Parks classes will resume in Spring 2022. Please check back later for class information.
Participants must register for classes through Parks Direct using the links above or keyword search "Yoga in the Parks". Classes are for ages 13 & up. Please see specific class listings for age requirements. Participants must sign a waiver to participate in each class. For assistance with registration, contact the Customer Service Help Desk at 301-699-2255. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classes may be canceled due to inclement weather or wet grounds. Call 301-927-0822 for weather-related cancellations.
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least two weeks before the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.
Before You Come to Class
- Do not attend class if you are sick.
- Please bring your own yoga mat and equipment with you to class. No equipment will be provided at this time.
- Online class registration via Parks Direct is required prior to attending class. Children ages 18 and under must be registered by a parent or guardian.
- You must have a Parks Direct account and be a verified Prince George’s County resident in your Parks Direct account to register for classes.
- Please arrive at class on-time. If you are more than 5 minutes late to class, your spot may be forfeited to another participant.
- There is no guaranteed access to water fountains or restroom facilities at class locations; please come prepared.
- COVID-19 GUIDELINES: Face coverings are required for all indoor venues and crowded outdoor venues including concerts, festivals, and ticketed sporting events. Face coverings are no longer required outdoors in the parks but are encouraged for unvaccinated individuals.
- Please check-in with staff upon arrival and follow the directions of staff and signs. Participants must remain 6 feet apart at all times.
- Instructors will provide verbal cues only. There will be no direct contact.
- Participants must leave the class area at the end of class- no group gatherings.