Master Plan Evaluation Program
Summer 2022 Master Plan Evaluation Program (MPEP) Project
Staff is currently working on finalizing the Summer 2022 MPEP Project. This project is an effort to complete the 37 active master/sector plan recommendation databases and progress reports. The project of completing the databases and the project reports were structured in four categories:
- Recommendation Inventory (completed)
- Recommendation Categorization (completed)
- Recommendation Status (ongoing)
- Opportunities/Challenges (ongoing)
Prince George’s County currently has 37 active area master plans (including sector and transit district development plans). The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (Prince George’s County Planning Department) will regularly evaluate each master plan to determine progress towards implementation, consistency with current County growth policies, and the need for update or replacement.
|Create an inventory of all active plan recommendations.||Completed|
|Phase 2||Determine status of all plan recommendations.||Ongoing|
|Phase 3||Determine which recommendations are no longer valid. Determine which recommendations conflict with Plan 2035. Conduct a qualitative analysis of each plan’s viability moving forward. Create a report for each plan showing general progress towards implementation, highlighting key implementation actions to date, development approval and construction activity, identifying areas where updates to policies or strategies may be warranted, and identifying next steps.||Ongoing|
|Phase 4||Geocoding all information gathered.||Future Phase|
What is a scorecard?
- A scorecard is a full-color snapshot, a graphic-intensive brochure of progress towards implementation, major successes, and remaining challenges to achieving a plan’s vision, goals, policies, and strategies.
What does a scorecard include?
- A summary of the area master/sector plan's vision and goals.
- Progress of the area master/sector plan towards implementation.
- Key implementation actions to date.
- Current demographic and economic data.
- Development approval and construction activity.
- Identification of areas where updates to policies/strategies may be warranted.
- Challenges facing implementation.
- An outlook for the future (prognosis).
- Marlboro Pike Scorecard (2009 Approved Marlboro Pike Sector Plan and Sectional Map Amendment)
- Planning Area 68 Scorecard (including portions of the 1994 Approved Master Plan for Planning Area 68, the West Hyattsville TDDP and the Riverdale Park M-U-T-C)
- Subregion 4 Scorecard (2009 Approved Landover Gateway Sector Plan and portions of the 2010 Approved Subregion 4 Master Plan)
- Langley Park-College Park-Greenbelt and Takoma-Langley Crossroads Scorecard (2009 Approved Takoma-Langley Crossroads Sector Plan and portions of the 1989 Approved Master Plan for Langley Park-College Park-Greenbelt)