Countywide MPOT Plan 2035 Implementation
The Prince George’s County Planning Department has initiated a multi-year effort to develop a new and updated Master Plan of Transportation (MPOT).
The Countywide Master Plan of Transportation - Plan 2035 Implementation (MPOT 2035), a countywide functional master plan for guiding transportation infrastructure and network development, will update and replace the 2009 MPOT as well as the transportation facility recommendations from the active area and sector master plans.
The MPOT 2035 will also implement conformance with the approved general plan, Plan Prince George’s 2035 (Plan 2035).
- Recommended Goals, Concepts, Guidelines, and Public Participation Program
- MPOT 2035 Planning Board Presentation - July 15, 2021
Stay up to date with the project! Sign up for project updates and other notifications.
- Identify and analyze existing conditions
- Define new and realistic vision and goals for the area in collaboration with the community
- Provide policies and strategies for implementation
- Advance Plan 2035
|Planning Board Initiation||July 2021|
|Existing Conditions Analysis||Spring 2022|
|Staff Draft Plan||Summer 2022|
|Public Release of Staff Draft Plan||November 2022|
|1st Joint Public Hearing||January 2023|
|Planning Board Adoption||April 2023|
|Council Approval/ Amendments||June 2023|
|Approval with 2nd Joint Public Hearing||September 2023|