Subregion 4 TOD Implementation Project
Latest UpdateThe Central Avenue-Metro Blue Line Corridor TOD Implementation Project Mobility Study and the Central Avenue-Metro Blue Line Corridor TOD Implementation Project Market and Transit-Oriented Development Potentials, Priorities, and Strategies Study (PDF) are both available online.
OverviewThe Subregion 4 Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) Implementation Project will put into effect the vision and goals for the Central Avenue Corridor as presented in the 2010 Approved Subregion 4 Master Plan and Sectional Map Amendment and will advance the recommendations of the 2008 Approved Capitol Heights Transit District Development Plan and Transit District Overlay Zoning Amendment. These plans envision mixed-use, TOD and promote housing and neighborhood conservation, public facility and infrastructure improvements, and commercial revitalization.
- Identify and prioritize the TOD opportunities presented by the Addison Road-Seat Pleasant and Capitol Heights Metro Stations.
- Conduct an educational/outreach program focused on TOD opportunities along the Central Avenue and Metro Blue Line corridor.
- Implement planning and zoning strategies, including a sectional map amendment, to achieve the areas' land use goals.
- Form partnerships with various stakeholders to develop a marketing campaign, and business retention and attraction program.
- In partnership with Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority and County economic development and redevelopment agencies, prepare solicitations for private development.
- Complete a pedestrian and bicycle access study and improvement plan focused on creating complete streets around the two Metro Stations.
Project ComponentsThe Subregion 4 Transit-Oriented Development Implementation Project consists of 5 interrelated projects:
- Community Outreach
- Corridor Sectional Map Amendment
- Marketing and Economic Development
- Neighborhood Conservation
- Station Access, Pedestrian Safety, and Streetscape Improvements
Project BoundaryA map of the project area is available online.
|Milestone||Start Date||End Date|
|Community Outreach||Winter 2011||Ongoing|
|Marketing and Economic Development||Summer 2011||Spring 2012|
|Station Access Improvement Program||September 2010||June 2012|
|Neighborhood Conservation||September 2010||September 2012|
|Corridor Sectional Map Amendment||Fall 2011||Fall 2012|