April 28, 2019
301 Watkins Park Drive
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
301-446-6838; TTY 301-699-2544
Wellness in the Woods: A Family Zen Festival
Sunday, April 28, 2019
Events may be canceled due to severe inclement weather or wet grounds. Call 301-927-0822 for weather-related cancellations.
Wellness in the Woods is celebrated in honor of national National Park Rx Day to promote the growing platform of prescribing parks to prevent and treat chronic disease and promote wellness. Enjoy fun, family activities and see how we're creating healthy communities through people, parks, and programs. Come Zen with us!
Discover your path to wellness:
- Wake up your body with a fun walk/run
- Enjoy Meditation, Yoga, Tai Chi, and the Get Fit Mobile obstacle course
- Love yourself with self-care techniques
- Lend a hand in park beautification with the Senior Green Team
- Nourish your soul with mindful activities
- Educate yourself with health screenings and the Prescription Drug Take-Back! unit
- Stimulate your mind through new experiences
- Strengthen your bond to nature
Those who participate in our bike obstacle course have the chance to win a new bike! Drawing at 1:30 pm, must be present to win.
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least a minimum of two weeks in advance of the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.
All ages are welcome