COVID-19 Operational Update September 9, 2020
While Maryland jurisdictions are at various stages of re-opening, we are closely coordinating our efforts with Prince George’s County, where the ERS office is located. ERS staff are working closely with Commission staff to develop a phased-in plan that addresses safety and health issues for our employees before re-opening the offices. As this plan evolves, we will share information with you. At this time, the ERS Offices remain closed to members and the public.
While the ERS remains operational, we continue to experience processing delays. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we navigate this challenging time.
Important information regarding services follows:
The Member Relations Team is available to assist you Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. by calling 301-454-1415 or emailing us at ContactERS@mncppc.org
Our primary focus is on addressing the needs of members who are retiring soon. If you are not planning to retire within the next 90 days, we ask that you kindly contact us closer to your retirement date. Your patience is appreciated.
Employees Retiring, November 1st, December 1st and January 1st
- 60-days’ notice is highly encouraged for timely receipt of retirement benefits. Retirees typically receive their first 2 checks approximately 6 weeks following the effective date of retirement.
- Employees who retire with less than 60-days’ notice; may experience additional delays beyond the typical 6 week processing time required.
- Please contact Lisa Butler, Senior Retirement Benefits Analyst, at email@example.com or via phone at (301) 454-1429 to schedule a counseling session via phone.
- Appointments will be prioritized by retirement date and notice provided.
Estimate Requests have been temporarily suspended. Continue to watch for updates regarding relaxation of this suspension.
Death Benefits – If you recently lost a loved one who worked for the M-NCPPC or received a benefit from the M-NCPPC Employees’ Retirement System, please notify the ERS immediately.
Annual Statements – Annual Statements may not be issued this year due to the COVID-19 global pandemic and work program constraints. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience.
- Staff are continuing to open documents sent via the US mail and route them to the appropriate team member for processing; however, we are experiencing mail delays.
- If you submitted any paperwork, including requests for withdrawals, rollovers or transfers, via US mail, please contact us at ContactERS@mncppc.org to advise staff of the mailing.
- Do not send your documents via email which is not considered safe.
We know this is a difficult time for you and your families, so please be safe and know that you can count on the ERS Board of Trustees, Staff and advisors to ensure continued protection of your benefits.