COVID-19 Operational Update April 14, 2021
While the ERS remains operational, we continue to experience processing delays due to a high volume of retirements and deaths, coupled with go-live on a new pension administration system. Important information regarding services follows:
The Member Relations Team is available to assist you Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. by calling 301-454-1415 or emailing us at ContactERS@mncppc.org.
Our primary focus is on addressing the needs of members who are retiring soon and processing retirement and death benefit payments. If you are not planning to retire within the next 6 months, we ask that you kindly contact us closer to your retirement date. Your patience is appreciated.
- 60-days’ notice is highly encouraged for timely receipt of retirement benefits. Retirees typically receive the first 2 checks 6-weeks following the effective date of retirement; however, there may be additional delays (1-2 weeks) due to circumstances beyond the ERS’ control.
- Employees who retire with less than 60-days’ notice; may experience additional delays beyond the typical 6-week processing time required.
- Please contact Lisa Butler, Senior Retirement Benefits Analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (301) 454-1429 to schedule a counseling session via phone.
- Appointments will be prioritized by retirement date and notice provided.
Estimate Requests – If you plan to retire within the next 6 months, you may request a benefit estimate from the ERS. Email your request to email@example.com.
Death Benefits – If you recently lost a loved one who worked for the M-NCPPC or received a benefit from the M-NCPPC Employees’ Retirement System, please notify the ERS immediately. Processing death benefit payments to survivors and beneficiaries requires staff to follow detailed procedures which may take 6-8 weeks, or longer, depending upon how quickly entitlement can be established.
Mail/Email/Drop Off for Paperwork
- Staff are continuing to accept documents sent via the US mail and route them to the appropriate team member for processing.
- If you submitted any paperwork, including requests for withdrawals, rollovers or transfers, via US mail, please send an email at ContactERS@mncppc.org to tell staff to expect the documents via mail.
- Please DO NOT email any documents containing confidential information. Email is not a safe delivery method for confidential information, especially during this time of heightened cyber activity.
- While the ERS Offices are closed to members and the public, documents may be dropped off at EOB between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. The police officer on duty will assist with placing any documents in the ERS’ mailbox located in the lobby.
We know this has been a challenging year for everyone, so please be safe and know that you can count on the ERS Board of Trustees, Staff and advisors to ensure continued protection of your benefits.
We appreciate your continued patience and understanding with the Member Relations Team as we transition to a new pension software system.
Andrea L. Rose, Administrator