FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 21, 2023
Media Contact: Angel Waldron, 301-446-3311
Swim Camp Scholarships Offered by Department of Parks and Recreation, Prince George’s County
Riverdale, MD – The M-NCPPC, Department of Parks and Recreation in Prince George’s County is proud to offer the Aquatics for All Summer Swim Camp Scholarship this year. The scholarship will cover the cost of a designated swim camp session at a department facility for contest winners (does not cover before or after care).
Aquatics for All is a one-time scholarship for Prince George’s County residents to increase access to swim camps and is available for first-time swim camp participants only. Applicants must complete the Aquatics For All Swim Camp Scholarship Application including completing an illustration for a Swim Camp (ages 6-12) or an essay for Junior Lifeguarding Camp (ages 11-14) by the designated deadline (May 5, 2023).
Applicants ages 6-12 interested in the camps listed below must submit with their application a drawing illustrating “Why I want to learn to swim and attend camp”. With the picture, please include 1-2 sentences describing the illustration. During the application process, you will be able to select your top 2 choices of the camps listed below to attend if selected as a scholarship recipient:
- Dunk’n Dive Sports Camp at Allentown Splash, Tennis & Fitness Park, July 24 – August 4, 2023
- Dunk’n Dive Sports Camp at Allentown Splash, Tennis & Fitness Park, August 7 – August 18, 2023
- Swim and Fitness Camp at Fairland Sports and Aquatics Complex, July 24 – August 4, 2023
- Swim Camp at Ellen E. Linson Splash Park, July 10 – 21, 2022
Applicants ages 11 to 14 interested in the Junior Lifeguard Camp must submit with their application an essay answering “Why I am interested in being a Lifeguard” (250 words or less).
- Junior Lifeguard Camp at Allentown Splash, Tennis & Fitness Park (Ages 11-14 Only) Essay Required, June 26 – 30, 2023
- Must be a Prince George’s County Resident
- Must be a first-time swim camp participant for swim camp scholarship (not including Junior Lifeguard Camp)
- Scholarship is only available for camps and sessions listed on the application
- Must be at least 6 years old at the start of camp and no older than 12 by the end of the camp session for Swim Camps
- Must be at least 11 years old at the start of camp and no older than 14 by the end of the camp session for Junior Lifeguard Camp
To apply for either camp, visit https://www.mncppc.org/FormCenter/Sports-17/Aquatics-for-All-Swim-Camp-Scholarship-2-388.
About the Department
The M-NCPPC, Department of Parks and Recreation delivers an award-winning park system through progressive, innovative leadership and a commitment to the community and the environment in Prince George’s County. For more on the Department of Parks and Recreation, visit www.pgparks.com and stay connected on Facebook, Twitter, PhotoShelter, and Instagram. The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities in all programs and services. Register at least a minimum of two weeks in advance of the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.