Wonderful World of Watkins
Subfacility of Watkins Regional Park
|Other Link||Chesapeake Beach Railway Museum: Carousel History|
TRAINAttention! The Miniature Train ride is out of service until further notice.
Please be advised the Wonderful World of Watkins will be closed, Sunday, September 8, 2019, in recognition of our Seasonal Staff Appreciation Day. Regular Fall operation hours will resume, Saturday, September 14, at 10 am. Call 301-218-6700 for further information.
Visitors to Watkins Regional Park this summer will surely delight in the brand new miniature train. A shiny red and black C.P. Huntington replica miniature locomotive, hand built by Chance Rides, made its inaugural appearance on Opening Day of the 2018 Season. The new train is Number 399, meaning it is the 399th one built.
The Number 342 silver and black miniature locomotive that began running in the park in 2005 is alive and well and will be here for future use as a companion to the newer model. The original Number 81 red, white and blue locomotive that proudly served the park beginning in 1970 will now be on display in the park for photo opportunities.
Bring yourself, family, and friends out to ride the rails winding through the woodlands offering a close-up view of Old Maryland Farm. Be on the lookout for the tree faces and wildlife along the way. The train is wheelchair accessible.
Located within Watkins Regional Park, the Chesapeake Carousel is believed to have been constructed by Gustav Dentzel at the turn of the century. The carousel operated at Chesapeake Beach through 1972. Restoration has been ongoing since its acquisition by M-NCPPC in 1974. In 2018, we celebrated 40 years at Watkins Regional Park. The carousel is open seasonally and provides delightful experiences for the young and the young-at-heart. Carousel is wheelchair accessible.
Bring family and friends to play on the greens of our 18 hole course that will surely challenge your golfing skills!
PLEASE NOTE: Ticket sales end 15 minutes prior to closing for train and carousel; 30 minutes prior to closing for miniature golf.
- Rides are first come, first served.
- Wait times vary depending on the volume of patrons.
- No refunds on ticket sales. Tickets are honored throughout the season.
- For safety reasons, a paying adult is required to accompany and supervise children ages 5 and under on all rides.
- No pets permitted on rides or mini golf course (with the exception of service animals).
- Checks are not accepted on site. Organizations needing to pay by a company check are required to contact the Manager at 301-218-6700 at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the visit to make payment arrangements.
- Rides are weather sensitive and may be closed during inclement weather conditions.
|Train or Carousel
|Group (10 or more)
||$5 person per round
||$6.5 person per round
*Resident: those who reside in Prince George's or Montgomery County. Proof of residency required.