Any packaged food and beverage item offered shall contain no more than:
- 0.5 grams of trans-fat per serving
- 200 milligrams of sodium per package
- No more than 200 calories per package
- Less than 35% of total calories from fat except for foods containing 100% nuts or seeds with no added fats
- Less than 10% of calories from saturated fat
- No more than 35% of calories from total sugars excepts for 1%, 2% or non-fat dairy products, non-dairy milk products, fruits, and vegetables
- At least on healthy food choice offered must meet the Food and Drug Administration's definition of "low sodium" (<140 mg per serving)
- Sugarless chewing gum and mints also meet healthy food choices specifications
Healthy Beverage choices shall meet the following specifications:
- Individual healthy beverage choices offered in vending machines must contain fewer than 40 calories per serving unless specified below
- The following beverages also meet healthy beverage choices nutritional standards even though they exceed 40 calories per serving:
- Fat-free milk; 1% low fat dairy milk; calcium or vitamin D fortified soy milk with less than 200 calories per containers
- Packages containing 12 ounces or less of 100% fruit juice, vegetable juice or fruit juice combined with water and no added caloric sweeteners and no more than 200 milligrams of socium per container.
- Vegetable juice must contain <230 milligrams of sodium per serving.